Updates on the Office:
- Moving: Our Sacramento Street office will move to 2100 Webster Street, Suite #427, most likely in April 2019. If you have a future appointment at Sacramento Street we will notify you, once our move occurs. Our telephone numbers are the same and the Castro Street location is not affected.
- PORTAL: Communication through a secure, encrypted, password protected e-mail, is part of the Follow My Health Patient Portal. We use this e-mail to relay important health news or announcements, to answer non-urgent questions, and to report test results. You can use it to download your child’s immunizations, growth measurements, problem list, medications & allergies. Please contact us to enroll in the PORTAL as soon as possible if you have not done so.
- Telephone/On-line Medical Services: Telephone and e-mail (Portal) communications with the doctor are efficient ways for us to help you, without a visit. However, the time devoted to these remote interactions for diagnosis, professional advice and treatment has greatly increased. Therefore, we will institute a fee for telephone and on-line services on May 1, 2019. The fee will start from $25, depending the complexity of the visit. Communication to follow up a recent visit, or that leads directly to a visit will not require a fee.
Updates on the Physicians:
- New doctor: We now have five board certified pediatricians, any one of whom you may designate as your child’s primary care doctor. Dr. Jean Lee, a native Californian who is fluent in Mandarin, has joined our practice. Dr. Lee trained in Pediatrics at UCSF and has worked as a hospitalist at CPMC and at UCSF, but her passion is for primary care.
- Pediatric leadership: Dr. Fukuda is a leader in the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), in California and nation-wide. She is the AAP’s liaison to the Japan Pediatric Society and was just elected Chair of the California region, the AAP’s largest. We know she will do a great job in advocating for children and helping to set policy. Please join us in congratulating her.
- Physician leave: Dr. Kelly will take a three-month leave for surgery, beginning in mid-March. As always, each of the doctors is available to see any patient, we all work closely together, and we will do our best to maintain a flexible and available appointment schedule.
Measles outbreaks: Measles is now epidemic in many countries, including Japan, France and Italy. At least 5 of our own patients have had exposures while traveling abroad in the last six months.
If you are planning any travel outside of the Americas, with a child over 6 months of age, please call us, or check the PORTAL to be sure that her/his Measles immunization is current. (For children under 12 months that means at least one dose. For children 13 months or more, that means two doses.)